Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Judged

Wow! You know what I do not like about sinfulness of humanity? Judgment. I was recently judged for not being a biblical pastor because apparently I was not carrying a bible with me for a class that I taught on scratch the surface theology of the Lutheran church. Funny thing is, and, I suppose ironic, I carry the bible in it's entirety, neatly packed into my iPhone where I can access, search, define, look at the original language, email, text passages, study, bookmark, highlight and read reverently any time I want at any moment of any day.
You know what? I'm not ashamed to talk about my feelings on this blog. I use this blog not as a way to market myself, but as a tool in which I can release any pent up emotions or grief that have built up within me and as a way to talk about my thoughts about God and our relationship with God. I thank God for blessing us with technology that helps me to carry a bible in my phone. I thank God for blessing humanity with the willingness to learn and to grieve. I thank God for giving me the ability to blog and get out all the "stuff" or as Paul says in scripture, "skumbalo", out, that builds up within clergy.
Did I mention that I do not like being judged based on ignorance? I humbly ask you to check your facts before blogging. And if you are going to slander someone on your blog, then at least allow for comments.

3 comments:

  1. Jesus said, "This is how others will know that you are my disciples, that you have love for one another!!!"

    You want to carry the Bible with you anywhere and everywhere remember this COMMANDMENT that Jesus gave, "Love each other as I have loved you." Scripture's power is not derived from how many people carry the printed words of God around it is the very power of creation that forms us in relationship with God and each other. These Biblical literalists who feel it is their job to judge others are missing the truth of scripture and the true power of scripture ... are you not going to eat shrimp anymore, if you do you are not giving authority to scripture, are you going to allow a woman during her "time of the month" to touch you or be in your presence in anyway... if you do then you are not following the literal authority of scripture. ... watch your Words ... Watch your Judgements people for the authority of Scripture tells us that how we judge others is the way in which we will be judged when we stand before God... so if you judge others using your interpretation of "the Law" then scriptural authority says that you will be held responsible for keeping the whole entire law! Thus sayeth the Lord... THIS IS MOST CERTAINLY TRUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your sermon this Sunday "The greatest of these is love" I believe the only reaction, apart from repentance, is for people with that much of a need to control who God loves, is to unassociate themselves with Hope Lutheran. It must be so challenging to their faith that even communing with a grace filled community of believers somehow threatens their ticket to heaven. The only thing you are guilty of is loving them in spite of their theological handicap and continuing to ascend out of the judgments against you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the people responsible for the judgment against my husband that lead to my comment on this post, have re-posted, not even that, stolen the the copyrighted words above and posted them on their blog.I have to assume, by still not allowing comments, they are afraid of any other views that may continue to challenge their volatile faith.

    I will respond here instead:

    I have no anger whatsoever over these seekers not choosing to attend our church. May the peace of the Lord be with you, we continue to wish you contentment and pray that you find the gift of grace in your lives. I believe that God's love and acceptance is so expansive, the Lutheran Church is just a fraction of disciples working toward the same fulfillment of humanity to live together, as one, in Christ.

    I do , however, have words you deserve to hear after your treatment of my husband.
    But I have already forgiven you. It seems that you must be tortured by your actions still because after many days you continue the need to repeatedly judge and slander him, I can only assume to justify yourselves. Some of your recent postings suggesting God intends to use nature to harm His followers who do not share your views of judgment, proves to me the nature of your hearts. I also take this to God in prayer for you.

    Finally, this is my last response to you. I feel this specific situation may be fueling your wishes of harm to the leaders of the Lutheran Church.
    All I wish for you is what our Lord teaches:
    "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it." John 12:47

    I consider it all joy to be among those who defend God's message of salvation for ALL.

    ReplyDelete